Thursday 17 November 2016

Tim Holtz Stamped Silhouette Gift Tags Tutorial


Autumn here with you today to share a fun tutorial on using silhouette stamps for making tags for gift bags.  Follow this simple process to achieve dynamic layered mixed media creations.


Step one: Stamp, stencil and splatter!  To begin, dip your tags into lightly misted Distress Ink pools on your craft mat.  Here I've shown three color options for your Christmas tags.


Next, stamp onto your backgrounds to add a subtle pattern.  I used music and snowflake stamps, embossing the snowflakes.  I added several stencil variations.  On the red tag I stenciled a dot pattern and embossed it with glittery gold embossing powder.  On the green tag I used gold texture paste.  On the white tag I poured Distress Rock Candy glitter onto my wet paste for a soft shimmer of the dots.


Step two: Add a bow cluster!  I attached a coordinating bow around each of my tags near the base.  I tied one strip of ribbon around the tag, then adhered my loopy bow made with a bow maker.


Step Three: Silhouettes, sentiments and frames.  I stamped each of my silhouettes in black for a dramatic effect onto coordinating inky paper.


I layered the silhouette stamped images over frame die cuts.  This one was simply painted black.


I used the same gold texture paste here to add coordinating color to my frame.


Each sentiment was added in a different way, this one onto inky paper with a curl for dimension.


This die was coated with crackle paste.  Each tag has a jingle bell.  This one has a layer of cheese cloth.


Finally, I tied my tags to a kraft bag and added coordinating tissue.  I hope you'll take some time to try these simple tips for creating a set of gift tags of your own.

15 comments:

  1. These are fabulous!! I really love the green one!! What a great idea!! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are Awesome I loved everything start from the inky bg to the silhouette images !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, I would happily have a bag and a tag, rather than a gift, these are a gift in themselves! The colours and designs are gorgeous!! Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use those stamps and dies--your designs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Autumn! these are SO beautiful! what creative designs on all 3 and don't they make for a gorgeous tag on a gift! Love them!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial, Autumn! I don't know which I love best...they are all so pretty and fun, and love the jingle bells on those gorgeous bows. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding tags and excellent tutorial!! Love these Autumn!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tutorial, Autumn! Stunning tags, love them all! Who wouldn't love to get a gift bag with such amazing tags! I know I would! Hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunningly beautiful autumn...love these xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Smart to set them up wth bags so they are ready to roll for the holidays! I also like the simple twine attaching them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Autumn
    Just beautiful, tags to keep forever that is for sure and that's before you see what is inside the bag!!! :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tags Autumn! They're really striking, superb! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beautiful, Autumn! Really love the backgrounds you created--thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Autumn, What lovely tags and a great tutorial! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trying a bit of catching-up, especially as this project is SO adorable!!!!!
    Wow, I simply adore this trio!
    Thanks for the tutorial Autumn, this is really a fab festive make!! :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete